Budgets aren’t just about facts and figures. I know you all think that it’s all about adding things up. But math is a really small part of budgeting. Budgets contain values and emotions, much more than math.
Don’t believe me? Ask yourself these questions and see how you respond to them.
- Are you an impulsive buyer or an emotional shopper?
- Do you put off or ignore opening your mail?
- Do you pick and choose which bills to pay each month?
- Are you afraid to answer phone calls because of debt collectors?
- Do most of the arguments with your spouse revolve around finances?
- Is your marriage struggling due to money conflicts?
- Have you ever had to ask your family/friends/church for financial support?
- Do you have any debts in collections?
- Do you have any garnishments on your paychecks?
- Do you have any Pay Day or Title Loans?
Now be honest with yourself. How do you feel with each one of those questions? Learning to budget allows you to face these questions and have a plan to move your life forward. You can register for the Love INC’s Butterfly Program here or call 541-889-7860 ext 4 for more information.